Answer by Anonymous:
YOU ARE ALL BY YOURSELF
- Your friends, your parents, your partner – all they can do is say nice things to you, but end of the day it’s just YOU. Your success, your failure, your progress. Your ability to do things, to not do things, your excuses, your chances, everything is about you. Situation varies, but the reaction is yours.
LIFE IS ABOUT CHOICES
- Life just boils down to this. CHOICE.You want to travel the world, have varied experience and broader views, but will you give up on your comfort levels? Would you risk it? Explore! and then live, trying to make ends meet. You want to earn big, are you willing to give up on your relationships and ego? You are an image of your choices.
PEOPLE ARE SELFISH
- You might think, you’re doing something big for someone, your spending your time and energy for someone's good. But when you need that someone, they're simply too busy. You aren't on the priority list. You do things for people out of your way, let me tell you, you’re the loser, because that person just needed someone then and they found you. EDIT: I have received a lot of comments in regard to this point in particular, so I'd like to clarify.What I mean when people are selfish is, everyone puts themselves first, their time and priorities and then if time & energy permits its you they will consider. This is an obvious thing you will say, but by now you will realize that maybe you do things for others out of your way and if at all you need their help, it wont be reciprocated. Now you will say, why expect? But isn't it normal human tendency to expect help, especially when you have earlier? So now, in life you get choosy, whom to help and who not to. At some point in your life now you will realize not everyone thinks like you and does things for you. Also, I would like to say, this point is not applicable for to those one or two best friends who are always there for you irrespective of anything. And after seeing the kind of people around, you will appreciate these bonds. So all I am saying is, peoples priority vary, and we should learn to not expect much.
YOU REALIZE NOTHING MAKES YOU HAPPY:
- You have reached a point and you realize, nothing makes you happy. Being loaded or healthy relationships, looks to die for or brains to amaze, growing career or marriage and kids. There's practically nothing that will make you happy. It’s all just an experience.
HARD WORK BEATS TALENT ANY DAY!
- All your life you pushed through life thinking you’re smart and you'll make it big in life someday. You laze around, treat yourself as a person of superior intelligence and look down on others as machines taking orders. Later you'll see who stands a better chance to succeed ten years down the line, it wasn't just following orders, they actually did more for themselves than follow orders.
"HARD WORK BEATS TALENT WHEN TALENT DOES NOT WORK HARD"
PEOPLE ARE CASUAL
- I've realized the intensity I deal with my emotions and relationships aren’t the same for many. It’s just a passing phase for them. They slip in and out of relationships. Fights and happiness, it’s a phase. “You’re with me today, tomorrow maybe someone else.” Be it your friends or partners. Your feelings and emotions are all “over” reactions to situations. People who deal with emotions casually come up in life. Those who take everything to heart, suffer. It’s just so easy for some people to say BYE.
THE PERSON WHO CARES LESS GAINS FROM THE RELATIONSHIP
- Enough said
YOUR EGO IS GETTING BIGGER
- Communication was much easier. The older you grow, the harder it is to express how you really feel about yourself and the person who hurt you. You would choose silence over a fight. Your ego is actually killing you, you know it, yet you do nothing about it.
IT’S ACTUALLY HARD TO GET RICH
- You always thought once you grow up you'll be this rich thing able to afford anything and everything. Voila! You’re big, but rich? You just realized it’s hard to be extraordinary and just easier to imagine. Luck, outlook, talent, hard work and health in the right portions at the right time make you successful.
That’s all folks!
This is what life has shown me so far. Maybe I’m right or wrong.
It’s my perception and my lessons.