Answer by Anand Mishra:
- She spent her first six years living in rural poverty.
- She was so poor that she often wore dresses made of potato sacks, for which the local children made fun of her.
- At age six, she started working as a maid.
- She was molested by her cousin, uncle, and a family friend when she was nine years old.
- She survived a brutal rape at the age of 10.
- At 13, after suffering years of abuse, she ran away from home and at 14 she became pregnant but her son died shortly after birth.
- Her mother abandoned her because she was stealing money from her.
After going through all of this:
- She was nominated for the best actress in a supporting role in Oscars.
- She was called "arguably the world's most powerful woman" by CNN and Time.
- Life magazine named her one of the 100 people who changed the world, alongside such luminaries as Jesus Christ, Elvis Presley etc.
- She donated $10 million to Hurricane Katrina's victims.
- She owns this house :
She is OPRAH WINFREY :
WHAT IS YOUR EXCUSE?