Answer by Maitreyi Gunye:
Oh boy, a ton!
- If a girl wears a short skirt, shorts or a tank top, she's promiscuous.
- If you own a DSLR you must have a Facebook photography page.
- Racist? Pffft. No, we're never racist against fellow Indians.
- Nobody else in the world has as many family values as we do.
- If you buy anything on the internet, somebody is going to steal your credit card number.
- You got 75%+ in some exam? Wow! Beta, tu engineer bana. (Translation : son, you're now going to be an engineer!)
- Went to the science stream and did a. Or BioTech or went to any other pure science field, as opposed to Engineering/Medical? You either got less marks in your twelfth boards, or you're just plain stupid.
- Went to the Commerce stream and did something besides becoming a C.A./something in law? You either got less marks in your twelfth boards, or you're just plain stupid.
- Went to arts? Irrespective of any inclination you have towards the humanities or how well you've developed intellectually there, you're plain stupid.
- The only way to become rich is to get a Degree in Mech.Eng/Elec.Eng./any other type of engineering, and end up in IT. Or even better, do an M.B.A. after all that, and THEN end up in IT.
- Anybody can get into the IIT's and crack the JEE by studying from 8th grade (or any other early age).
- "It's okay if I throw away my trash on the road. I'm not contributing to pollution that much, anyway."
- "It's okay if I don't vote. One vote won't matter in the scheme of things.
- If I bribe the police to let me off a ticket to save a couple hundred rupees, it's okay. It's also okay if I keep saying that the system is corrupt, since I'm obviously not.
- The bad infrastructure is the government's fault.
- The percentage of destitution and poverty is the government's fault.
- Hell, everything is the government's fault.
- If a girl is 24, she needs to get married. If a guy is 29, he needs to get married.
- If you see a girl wearing any form of casual traditional clothes, she's probably the most down-to-earth and angelic; if you see a girl wearing ripped jeans or band T-shirts, she's out-of-control. Ditto for guys.
- Marrying somebody out of your state/religion/caste? It's going to end up in divorce, or you're going to be sad for the rest of your life.
- An advertisement with people wearing lab coats means that the product is out of its league and extremely promising.
- Memorizing textbooks is the only way to go, academically. He who memorizes the most in the shortest period of time, conquers all.
[Edit (seeing some of the comments) : Warning – This answer contains sarcasm. I don't actually believe the things I've typed, quite the contrary on most points; I wanted to point out how they don't make sense.]