Answer by William Chen:
Check out Harvard's free data science course.
The homeworks (with solutions) walk you through a number of data analysis, mining, scraping, manipulation problems with Python and iPython notebook!
- Intro to Python, iPython Notebook, Numpy, Matplotlib () ( )
- Poll aggregation, web scraping, plotting, model evaluation, and forecasting () ( )
- Data prediction, manipulation, and evaluation () ( )
- Predictive modeling, model calibration, sentiment analysis () ( )
- Recommendation engines, Using mapreduce () ( )
- Network visualization and analysis () ( )
Check out Coursera's free data science course
To specifically play with data science and python, check out their Twitter Sentiment Analysis in Python assignment.
Check out my more comprehensive answer at
I curate material on learning data science at. Follow that blog or my blog at to get updated of new content!